Thursday, July 15, 2010

HOT HOT German Summer...

The kids and I started a Summer project...an herb garden. There's no yard here, so the window sill and a couple pots will have to do for our chives, peppermint, sage, rosemary, peas, and thyme. Here are some baked fries we made with our freshly harvested herbs. Delicious!

We all can't get enough of the pool. I'm teaching Whitney how to swim and it's AMAZING to see her progress! She can already jump in herself and swim to me (see video) and it's only been a couple weeks of dedicated effort! She's just like me as a child! First one in, last one out. :)

It's been in the 90s lately so I'm always trying to find an excuse to convince the kids to go outside in our little courtyard outside the front door to "water the plants" or "check on things"...so that I can rain down water balloons from my third floor window! Then I point them to their own stash so they can have their own war. They're always surprised and always love it.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh Adrian! You are going to have to teach me how you did that with the pictures. It looks so good! You are such an awesome, fun, creative Au Pair for the kids!! I feel so blessed that we found you! :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout! How fun, I wanna play, too!

    ReplyDelete