Sunday, May 16, 2010

Party Time at Mannheim Castle

Schloss Mannheim (aka Mannheim Palace)
Schloss Mannheim was where the party was held! This castle has been converted into Mannheim University, where Alex and his friends attend. This castle was completely destroyed during WWII and then completely rebuilt. This picture doesn't do it justice, it is MASSIVE.
The party was randomly in honor of Norwegian foreign exchange students.

Alex and I. I was introduced to Alessandra and Alex via Facebook through a mutual friend, Lauren Heineck who is living in Spain (and who I will be visiting Memorial Day :) Lauren met Alex while travelling through Europe and they have remained good friends and continue to visit each other. Alex couldn't have been a more excellent host and tour guide! He made sure to keep track of me amongst the thousands of crazy drunk students at the party.


Alessandra and Alex.

I drank German beer and watched the German Trophy cup with these guys before the party! Munich beat Breman 4-0, and apparently that is a VERY good thing. Everyone was SO pumped. These are Alex's friends and roommates, they were super polite and fun to hang out with! Everyone I met last night spoke ENGLISH too! OMG that was such a refreshing relief! I was actually able to learn quite a bit from them.

3 comments:

  1. AG-

    Glad you found some English speaking people! Looks like a fun time at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! They were really really nice and welcoming and they were loving practicing their english so I was able to learn some useful German from them. Plus the castle was really cool too, I took a tour of it the following day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you partied in downtown mannheim your first weekend here! Impressive.

    ReplyDelete